[PD] pd extended on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon May 5 18:57:09 CEST 2008

You need one of the newer autobuilds from
http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/.

I'm using PD-Extended 0.40.3.  Currently there is a bug with jack and
pulseaudio and you need to kill pulse for best results.  Just hit Atl+F2
and type "killall pulseaudio" then, when your done with jack turn pulse
back on with Alt+F2 "pulseaudio".  Well, at least thats what I need to
do to get it to work correctly with my external soundcard ... so yeah,
post a bug report if things go crazy for you.

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 15:28 +0200, francois labastie wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Does someone knows how to install puredata extended on Ubuntu Hardy Heron?
>
> I tried Pd-0.39.3-extended-debian-testing-i386.deb, from
> http://puredata.info/downloads, and I got "Error: Dependency is not
> satisfiable: libflac7"
>
> I tried Pd-0.39.3-extended-rc5-debian-stable-i386.deb, from
> http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers-0.39.3-extended-rc5.html, and I got
> "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libflac7" as well.
>
> I used to work with it on Gutsy, but now with Hardy Heron how can I do?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Franois

---
Dan Wilcox