[PD] Wii remote controller and Linux

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon May 5 19:13:35 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 08:59 -0700, Alex wrote:

> using wmgui I was able to get (as far as i recall) all of the data
> from the wiimote.. definitely the acceleration, button and infrared..
> cannot remember if there is anything else..  The wiimote external
> worked to get this info as well.. I haven't used it as a normal linux
> input device.. i think there might be some info you have to send to
> the device to turn on the accelerometers and infrared..
>
> -Alex
>
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Flo Krebs <flokadillo at yahoo.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anybody know if the acceleration data is also transmitted using the HID
> > standard with the SIXAXIS Controller under Linux ? If I check the events
> > with cat /dev/input/js0 I get only information about the buttons...
> >
> > Thanks, greetings
> >
> > Florian

If you're already using libcwiid and wmgui, then you can read the event
data pretty easily as well as control the leds and the rumble motor
using the libcwiid api.  I have it working in a custom device daemon
that forwards hids and wiimotes over osc in linux ...  I have been
meaning to sit down and set it all up for automake and release it if
there is interest.

If you program in C/C++ checkout the libwcwiid demo.

Now I just need that neural net stuff for gesture recognition within pd.

---
Dan Wilcox
robotcowboy.com