[PD] knob hate

cdr _ at whats-your.name
Tue May 6 15:36:40 CEST 2008

On Tue May 06, 2008 at 01:39:53PM +0200, brandt at subnet.at wrote:
> why should I need a knob in enviroments without limitations of confiend
> spaces like lets say a hardware-mixing-desk. Beside it is not really
> convienent to use it with a mouse.

knob is one of the best input 'device' for mouse

first you can do the limitlesss thing.

ive never seen a slider that 'wraps around'. it would look weird. not like a knob where spinning 360 makes sense

plus with different buttons or even combinations of buttons, wheels, scrolling regions, and gestures, you can get pretty expressive in the granularity of the dynamic changes

a proper x/y multitouch multi-param pad is essential as well..