[PD] Pd[GEM] Graphic cards

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:20:02 CEST 2008

brandt at subnet.at wrote:
> I know that question is ask and discussed ever and ever again, but from
> time to time there is a need of an update caused by the newer hardware
> offerings on the market.
>
> What kind of GC would be a recommandation to buy.

I have a ATY RadeonX1600 in my first generation macbookpro, and I
noticed some differences to the nvidia cards of later generations. one
of the things not supported by my ati card is vertex texture fetching
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/8872.
if you want to work with shaders, see if you card is glsl 3.0 compatible.
marius.