[PD] jon~ (was: Dattorro plate)

Anton Hörnquist anton.hornquist at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:17:42 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Chris McCormick <chris at mccormick.cx> wrote:
>  Wow, great reverb! 0% CPU and it sounds sweet. Do you mind if I package
>  it up into a GOP abstraction and include it in my s-abstractions
>  collection (with appropriate credit to yourself of course)?

Thanks. Sure, use it anyway you want - I like the s-abstractions! If I
rememeber correctly jon~-help.pd uses 7-8 % on my aging Thinkpad T43.

I've tried to be as close to the article (page 3-4 of the pdf) as
possible with jon~. I'm working on jone~ ("jon~ extended") which has
more modulation points in the reverberation network and additional
parameters, such as bandwidth high pass. I have a GOP'ified versions
of jon~ and jone~ on the way as well. I'll post them soon.

Note that the diffusion parameters can be a bit confusing in my
jon~-help.pd patch. I think Dattorro discusses this in the article. In
my help patch the range of the diffusion parameters is 0 to 1.0. The
ideal range for decay diffusion seems to be "decay + 0.15, floor =
0.25, ceiling = 0.50" according to the article. But this, of course,
is open to experimentation.

/Anton