[PD] Lua and PD (update)

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Wed May 7 16:37:34 CEST 2008

Mike McGonagle wrote:
> Unfortunately, I am not
> really in a position at the moment to learn how to compile pdlua.

Which platform are you on?  If you're able to get on IRC, #dataflow on
irc.freenode.net, I could try and help you get it compiled, and
hopefully make it easier for others to compile it too.

 > I pretty
> much depend on the extended version (thanks to Hans) for these things. Do
> your sources automatically update those things?

After some discussion with Hans, we decided that as pdlua is still
changing rapidly it would be better to have pdlua as a separate
download.  Hans, can you confirm that pdlua is no longer included in the
pd-extended builds?

I think there is still an old version of pdlua in the pure-data svn
repo, if someone can remove it I'd appreciate it, either that or convert
it to an svn:external thing against the pdlua development version:

https://devel.goto10.org/svn/maximus/pdlua

[snip]

> also note that Pd tables are indexed from 0, unlike Lua's 1-based indexing.
>>  I'm not sure whether to have pd.Table have 1-based indexing like Lua or
>> stick with the Pd-style 0-based indexing (which is what is currently
>> implemented).
>

> How do other implementations do this? Should we look to see how "Vessel"
> does it in Max? It could be one of those things that turns out to be a
> "gotcha" for new users who happen to miss that these tables are 0 based,
> instead of the Lua 1 based...

Good idea, I'll take a look.

Claude
--