[PD] Lua and PD (update)

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Wed May 7 20:30:00 CEST 2008

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Claude Heiland-Allen hat gesagt: // Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
>
>> Mike McGonagle wrote:
>>> 2. Lua access to PD tables
>> Now implemented (lacking some things, like GUI refresh).
>
> This requires pd-0.41 now, doesn't it? On my current 0.40 install
> pdlua complains about missing garray_getfloatwords, which seems to
> have been added to m_pd.h in 0.41
>
> Ciao

Argh, I didn't check earlier versions - I just cribbed from [tabread] in
pd-0.41-4.

It should now detect (at compile time) which Pd version is used, and use
the appropriate array API.  Note that the old API is not 64-bit safe, so
if you experience weird array issues with pdlua compiled against older
Pd versions, it's not my fault, and you should upgrade first Pd then
recompile pdlua against the new Pd.

I haven't tested this code thoroughly, I'm happy with my 0.41-4 install,
let me know if you use older Pd versions and have trouble compiling.

There's also a return of Makefile.static, an alternative to the
incomplete autoconf system.  I think I'll abandon the autoconf system,
as it's too painful (what with Lua having 10 different names on 10
different systems...).

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org