[PD] UI developer volunteering to help

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Thu May 8 21:18:15 CEST 2008

On 03/05/2008, at 20.06, David Golightly wrote:
> So, I'm interested in starting with fixing some of the messy
> dialogs, then working toward getting a mouse-less edit mode.

That sounds great. I especially like your focus on editing objects
prefs.

For the path/lib pref panel, the attached is what i got at when i
stalled.
- It's super messy and only trying to sketch an idea on how to
actually do it while learning tcl/tk and getting into Pd src. This
sketching need no edits to Pd source code but tries to black-box test
first. Depending on the actual implementation one might need to patch
s_path.c, hence recompile Pd to do a full test (as opposed to just
swap main.tk). IOhannes recently got a patch for adding more path/
libs into Vanilla that gives more then 10 variables to work with in
the Tcl side of Pd. A better fix would be to use another format (not
assumed in my test) then pd_path0, pd_path1, ..., pd_pathN - like a
'pd_path' array.