[PD] gem crash using fglrx driver in ubuntu

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri May 9 11:31:24 CEST 2008

tommaso bianco wrote:
> Hi,
> I confirm. It definitively works for me just after setting the
> environmental variable (in ~/.bashrc) GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT=1.
> Before that, X was shutting down and going back to the gdm login after
> each Gem window creation.
> The environmental variable GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT=1 must be "on" both in
> compile time and in run time.

thanks, i will add this to the FAQ.
(btw, GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT=1 at compile-time means nothing and is ignored;
seems i was unclear about this)

one last thing for all the brave ubuntu testers: could you try to find
out what get's posted when Gem crashes?

like:
% export GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT=0
% pd -stderr -lib Gem > gemcrash.log 2>&1
..create a gemwindow (and crash X)
..send me the gemcrash.log

mfg.adsr
IOhannes