[PD] invalid enumeration (was: GEM: where to find gem-CVS20060412-NT-i686-bin (windows binaries))

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri May 9 20:04:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

IOhannes wrote:
> which things do NOT
> work? which behave differently?

Another problem with the current 0.91 beta for Windows XP is that, whatever
video file I open with pix_film (even using the pix_film help patch), I get
a continuous flow of error messages:
"GL: invalid enumeration"
one message per frame!!!

This does not happen with old 2006 version, on the same machine, same
everything except gem version.
With that version, I only get ONE such error message every time I create the
gemwin, not one per frame.

I have DirectX 9.0c and QuickTime 7.4.5.

Apart from preventing you to see any other useful debug information or any
[print] output, and apart from being certainly a symptom of something very
wrong, I suspect such a huge flow of messages to the console may be
affecting performance: is it possible?

Any idea of the possible cause and of any workaround?

Thanks
m.