[PD] Object size & Pd Extended

Alex Lucas alex3lucas at googlemail.com
Fri May 9 22:34:30 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

Hans thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested but unfortunately
the problem is still there. I also reinstalled Pd-extended. The output from
the terminal is provided below. It seems the Bitstream fonts were already
installed.

Regards
Alex

sudo aptitude install ttf-bitstream-vera
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initialising package states... Done
Building tag database... Done
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initialising package states... Done
Building tag database... Done
alex at desktop:~$

sudo aptitude install ttf-bitstream-vera
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initialising package states... Done
Building tag database... Done
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initialising package states... Done
Building tag database... Done
alex at desktop:~$
alex at desktop:~$ apt-get install --reinstall x-ttcidfont-conf
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13 Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you
root?
alex at desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall x-ttcidfont-conf
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not
upgraded.
Need to get 0B/20.1kB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... ^T124971 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace x-ttcidfont-conf 27 (using
.../x-ttcidfont-conf_27_all.deb) ...
Cleaning up font configuration of x-ttcidfont-conf...
Cleaning up category cmap..
Cleaning up category cid..
Cleaning up category truetype..
Unpacking replacement x-ttcidfont-conf ...
Setting up x-ttcidfont-conf (27) ...
Updating font configuration of x-ttcidfont-conf...
Cleaning up category cmap..
Cleaning up category cid..
Cleaning up category truetype..
Updating category truetype..