[PD] 0.41-4 on osx

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat May 10 12:52:47 CEST 2008

On May 9, 2008, at 4:30 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> marius schebella wrote:
>>
>> well, I have to say that I did not make install. maybe that's the
>> problem?
>> marius.
>>

> neither did i (i don't want to 'make install' everytime i try to
> find a
> bug :-))

To run it like /Applications/Pd-0.41-4.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd,
you have to have the Wish.app installed on your computer somewhere
findable, like /Applications.  On Mac OS X, the start order is the
opposite of that on GNU/Linux:

GNU/Linux: pd opens pd-gui/wish
Mac OS X: pd-gui/wish opens pd
Windows: pd opens pd-gui/wish

On Mac OS X, I recommend either installing Wish.app, or starting it
like this:

/Applications/Pd-0.41-4.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd

I wrote up a FAQ entry on this, since there are lots of little
niggling details:

http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-run-pd-from-the-command-line

.hc