[PD] UI developer volunteering to help

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun May 11 13:29:09 CEST 2008

Wow, what an improvement!  I like it a lot.  I have some comments:

- minor thing, maybe there could be less space on the sides, so the
panel would be narrower?

- about the Apply button, I think it should only show up on platforms
where it is a common thing.  On Mac OS X, it should just be OK and
Cancel.  On Windows, there should be Apply.  I think GNOME has moved
away from Apply, but I don't know anything about KDE.

- some separation of the buttons on the right column would make
things clearer, I think.  Like maybe Up/Down on the right side, and
then Add..., Edit..., and Delete on the bottom?  Or maybe just
changing Up and Down to arrows?

- the startup thing is trickier.  I think that the textfield for
entering values should be embedded into the panel instead of a
popup.  Also, it doesn't seem to work for me (I am using 0.41-4
vanilla).  I can't add items to the list.

I think once this is worked out, the best plan would be to submit a
patch to the tracker and assign it to Miller.  Then I'll also include
it in Pd-extended.

.hc

----

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/