[PD] Gem compilation for abling [pix_film] to open video file (read homer.avi)

tommaso bianco tommaso.bianco at gmail.com
Sun May 11 20:00:01 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I'm simply trying to get a simple video (homer.avi) working with
[pix_film], but there is a problem:

------------------
[pix_filmNEW]: opening homer.avi with format 1908
error: [pix_filmNEW]: unable to open file: homer.avi

The Gem library included in CCRMA Pd version 0.39.3-extended-rc5 works
in loading the file, but I can not use it because it does not support
the GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT variable set to 1 needed for the creation os the
gemwin with the fglrx driver (topic discussed recently in "[PD] gem
crash using fglrx driver in ubuntu").

I suppose I have to bind the compilation with some codec library in my
system, but which and how?
Thanks for helping me!

Tommaso