[PD] fftease-help was Re: chromatic fft

Luigi Rensinghoff luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de
Mon May 12 13:14:43 CEST 2008

Am 12.05.2008 um 10:11 schrieb IOhannes m zmölnig:

> Luigi Rensinghoff wrote:
>> Hi List...
>>
>> i looked at these objects today (very proud because i inally have my
>> flext installation running) ;-)
>>
>> And comparing the flext distribution with the original from here...
>>
>> http://www.sarc.qub.ac.uk/~elyon/LyonSoftware/MaxMSP/FFTease/
>

> oh, that's getting more complicated than it should:

Dont worry ;-) i can handle it ;-)

> it seems like the fftease you are trying to run is the backport
> done by
> thomas grill using flext.

> i was rather referring to eric's original objects (the link you have
> posted) which are now (for some time) available for Pd anyhow, so no
> need to use the reverse-engineered(?) objects by thomas

i tend to use first what is in PD-extended (svn) so it just happened
that i used the felxt-port first

>> The help files from the original are far more descriptive .....
>>
>> Shouldnt at least the text-parts be included in pd-extended ??
>>
>> I think the help files will not work directly because the objects
>> have
>> varying numbers of in- and outlets...
>
> if you use eric's fftease-library, the help-files should work:-)

Well, for me its fine (although i think the compilation of erics
files did not work for intel-macs)

I was just thinking that, if Pd-extended is adressing people who do
their first steps with PD it might be much better
to have more descriptive help-files...

anyway...

Enjoy the sun ;-)

Bye Luigi