[PD] call for testing on the nightly builds!

Enrique Erne enrique at netpd.org
Tue May 13 10:06:44 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been fixing quite a lot of bugs in preparation of making the Pd-
> extended 0.40.3 release.  It's getting pretty much ready, so please
> test it heavily so we can find any outstanding bugs!
>
> Jack just pointed out that pdp on Mac OS X/PowerPC is having problems
>
> .hc

hi Hans

i have been happily working with pd-0.40-extended (20080222) for quite a
while. there are some issues though.

Pd-0.40.3-extended-20080504-macosx104-i386 on a osx 10.5.2

-----------------

1) at the moment if one modifies the preferences of i.e. vanilla pd the
pd-extended looses all path and startup preferences (this is on osx i
don't know about win or linux).

i would like to propose that ~/Library/Preferences/org.puredata.pd.plist
will be completely ignored by pd-extended. instead only the
org.puredata.pd.plist inside the pd-extended app should be used.
this way one could have different working setups. what do you think?

-----------------

2) as i reported earlier
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2008-01/058787.html
some objects can't create. i think that all of them are know problems.
for me not be able to use <~ and >~ is _most_ annoying
(hexloader-something?). i know there are workarounds with expr.
not including iem-t3 lib is a loss but i can live without it. thou it
makes around 5 nice netpd patches not usable anymore.

-----------------

3) help files
most help files worked (could create) but some:

iemmatrix/matrix-help.pd
  mtx
... couldn't create

mrpeach/packOSC-help.pd
  packOSC
... couldn't create

sssad/sssad-help.pd
  sssad key
... couldn't create
libdir_loader: added sssad to the canvas-local path
  sssad key
... couldn't create

i wondered why some help files worked and some not. i thought it was
done by org.puredata.pd.plist settings. so i added sssad
	<key>loadlib40</key>
	<string>sssad</string>
restarted pd, but the help files still couldn't create.

-----------------

4) name clash
[curve] Gem vs. mapping
probably some more

what are the goals? which externals are supposed to work on default? are
that the ones in the plist? maybe we should focus on them (before i
start to open all help files :) )

thanks for all your work and thanks to all the other devs too!

eni