[PD] call for testing on the nightly builds!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue May 13 17:49:34 CEST 2008

Let's keep this on the list, since it's a generally useful discussion.

I think it's something like this with Debian packages:

mkdir /tmp/pd
dpkg -x /path/to/Pd-extended.deb /tmp/pd
cd /tmp/pd/usr/bin/
./pd

Or since they are regular packages, you can easily install the new
one, test it, then install the stable one when you are done.

.hc

On May 13, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Joseph Barrows wrote:

> Hi Hans,
> I would like to assist with the testing, but also need to always
> have a working system, is there an easy way to install two versions
> of PD and not hove them interfere with eachother?
> (I'm using Ubuntu)
>

> 2008/5/13 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>
> Hey all,
>
> I've been fixing quite a lot of bugs in preparation of making the Pd-
> extended 0.40.3 release.  It's getting pretty much ready, so please
> test it heavily so we can find any outstanding bugs!
>
> Jack just pointed out that pdp on Mac OS X/PowerPC is having problems
>
> .hc

> --
> ----
>
> News is what people want to keep hidden and everything else is
> publicity.          - Bill Moyers

> --
> Joseph Barrows
> live video performance; web site design; new media artist
> jjbarrows.artwww.net
> jjbarrows at artwww.net

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler