[PD] call for testing on the nightly builds!

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Tue May 13 20:33:02 CEST 2008

On 13/05/2008, at 20.09, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On May 13, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Enrique Erne wrote:
>> 1) at the moment if one modifies the preferences of i.e. vanilla pd
>> the pd-extended looses all path and startup preferences (this is on
>> osx i don't know about win or linux).
>>
>> i would like to propose that ~/Library/Preferences/
>> org.puredata.pd.plist will be completely ignored by pd-extended.
>> instead only the org.puredata.pd.plist inside the pd-extended app
>> should be used.
>> this way one could have different working setups. what do you think?

This resembles a feature request i made, cf. <http://sourceforge.net/
tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1818177&group_id=55736&atid=478073>. (So I encourage
this.)

> I think people want to save preferences for Pd-extended too.

If there was such option in Pd-extended then people could do either
of two to save preferences for Pd-extended:

1) Enable 'use "internal preferences"' and edit those.
2) Disable 'use "internal preferences"' and edit the normal preferences.

It should properly be disabled as standard to suit most users need.