[PD] UI developer volunteering to help - more suggestions

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 14 21:00:40 CEST 2008

On May 14, 2008, at 4:56 PM, João Pais wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't been following the thread, but I wanted to leave a couple
> of sugestions that I had here:
>
> I gues it would be nice that while typing an object (any kind of
> object)
> - home / end / ctrl-a / ctrl-arrow / ctrl-del would work, like a
> normal text editor

I added Home/End to Pd-extended and submitted a patch to the
tracker.  Ctrl-A would be tricky on Windows and GNU/Linux since that
is also select-all, but I added it on Mac OS X, since that is a
default binding on Mac OS X text apps.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1964023&group_id=55736&atid=478072

This change is all in pd.tk/u_main.tk so you could easily add your
own bindings, no compiling necessary.

> - return finishes it (like clicking outside). except for coments,
> where it would make a line break that really remains there.

Hmm, good idea, maybe I'll do it another time..

> A couple of weeks ago we also taked about the possibility of having
> user-defined color themes. I think that could be quite interesting,
> because you could have a brighter theme to work at home, a darker
> for concert/performance, etc. etc.  Hans told us where to find the
> color scheme, but I didn't find the Tk color codes yet (ok, I tried
> a bit, but not too much). A small applet to define the pd-colors
> would be great, but that's already too much to ask, there are
> probably more important stuff first.

Sounds useful, patches welcome!

.hc

> Best,
>
> João Pais

----

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra