[PD] call for testing on the nightly builds!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu May 15 13:41:32 CEST 2008

Hey,

It's great that you are stepping up and starting to work in the SVN.
There is a very important rule to observe when doing this:  if you
are going to commit a file that you are not the original creator of,
always ask the original creator if that is ok!  This is essential to
preventing us from stepping on each others toes.

For example, please do not commit any changes to the
default.pdsettings and related files without asking (pd-dev is a good
place to ask).  Those files need to stay as they are until we work
out a better solution.

.hc

On May 15, 2008, at 9:30 AM, Rich E wrote:

> So I have my svn copy fixed now, but I can't commit any changes.  I
> requested/received dev privileges, but I don't know if that carried
> over to the svn switch.
>
> Anywho, I found a couple more libraries that aren't included in the
> loadlib section of the default.pdsettings and for now I am just
> listing them on the bugtracker.
>
> Hans, is the file at trunk/packages/linux_make/default.pdsettings
> the one that goes into pd-extended?
>
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Rich E <reakinator at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also noticed that [fluid~] and [pool] are missing.  Is this
> because of flext?  These are two of the most used externals that a
> regularly have to make from source, yet they are built fairly
> easily.  Just wondering why they aren't in pd-extended (but the
> help files are).
>

> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Rich E <reakinator at gmail.com> wrote:
> The May 9th build doesn't have the same problem.  I've also tried
> the newest nightly build on both Gutsy and Hardy, they have the
> same "stacksmashing" error.
>
> So now that I've ben searching around in the new Pd-extended, here
> are some things I noticed:
>
> - The new hotkeys (clear console, open help browser) don't work.
> - dragging the pd console window (making it longer) makes the panel
> longer too, even if it is already big enough (which it is by default
> - bsaylor's [pvoc~] and [partconv~] externals cannot be found
> because the path isn't added by libdir (the rest of the externals
> in the folder appear to be in extra/flatspace, so they can be
> found.  adding /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/bsaylor to the paths list
> fixes this.
>
> That is as far as I've looked.. time to start messing around more.
> It looks great, by the way!
>
> Also, I would like to learn how to commit the changes that I know
> how to do so Hans doesn't have to bother, but I am having problems
> with svn right now.   I posted another message about this.
>
> regards,
> rich
>

> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:52 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig
> <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> > You can now file bug reports from the Help menu in Pd-extended.
> > Please file a bug report for this.
>
> i cannot:
> "/usr/bin/gnome-open
> 'http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=55736&atid=478070'
> Error showing url: There was an error launching the default action
> command associated with this location."
>

> i guess i should file a bug-report :-)
>
> fgmasdr
> IOhannes

----

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White