[PD] call for testing on the nightly builds!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu May 15 13:46:06 CEST 2008

On May 13, 2008, at 8:33 PM, Steffen Juul wrote:

> On 13/05/2008, at 20.09, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> On May 13, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Enrique Erne wrote:
>>> 1) at the moment if one modifies the preferences of i.e. vanilla pd
>>> the pd-extended looses all path and startup preferences (this is on
>>> osx i don't know about win or linux).
>>>
>>> i would like to propose that ~/Library/Preferences/
>>> org.puredata.pd.plist will be completely ignored by pd-extended.
>>> instead only the org.puredata.pd.plist inside the pd-extended app
>>> should be used.
>>> this way one could have different working setups. what do you think?
>

> This resembles a feature request i made, cf. <http://
> sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
> func=detail&aid=1818177&group_id=55736&atid=478073>. (So I
> encourage this.)
>
>> I think people want to save preferences for Pd-extended too.
>
> If there was such option in Pd-extended then people could do either
> of two to save preferences for Pd-extended:
>
> 1) Enable 'use "internal preferences"' and edit those.
> 2) Disable 'use "internal preferences"' and edit the normal
> preferences.
>
> It should properly be disabled as standard to suit most users need.

I was thinking that is might be nice to have multiple settings
"profiles" that you could load and save from the prefs pane with it's
own GUI like David Golighty's path/startup panes.

----

'You people have such restrictive dress for women,’ she said,
hobbling away in three inch heels and panty hose to finish out
another pink-collar temp pool day.  - “Hijab Scene #2", by Mohja Kahf