[PD] UI developer volunteering to help - more suggestions

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Thu May 15 14:22:45 CEST 2008

>> actually, if these settings could be controlled by pd itself, it
>> would be quite easy to make a patch to manage these issues. or then
>> just implement it on the interface's menus, maybe it makes more
>> sense with the current pd structure.
>

> you are exactly right, and luckily, it's already possible:

nice, I was just looking at it. sys_gui is just fresh, right?
isn't it really possible to make the changes apply automatically? if not,
it's a step in the good direction, but it's still not really great.

Ah, a couple more issues I had somewhere (well, more like details, not
really important): [or was there a feature request link somewhere? I only
know the bug report one]

- dual screen compatibility. pd patches always open in the same position
as before. but if using a dual screen, windows that were saved on the
other screen always appear in the main screen once they're reopened (but
the coordinates match). (I'm on xp, and my main screen on the right side,
if that makes a difference)

- is it possible to give the coordinates for the pd window to appear?
that's just a detail, but I get used to divide the screen in a certain way
(also to make sure I'm always controling the console while having my
patches + hdsp mixer open). everytime I open pd I have to drag the window
to the corner of the screen

--
Friedenstr. 58
10249 Berlin
jmmmpais at googlemail.com
skype: jmmmpjmmmp
http://www.puredata.org/Members/jmmmp
IBM Thinkpad R51, XP, Pd-Ext-0.39-2-t5, Pd Van 0.40-t2