[PD] UI developer volunteering to help - more suggestions

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Thu May 15 16:40:17 CEST 2008

>> - is it possible to give the coordinates for the pd window to
>> appear? that's just a detail, but I get used to divide the screen
>> in a certain way (also to make sure I'm always controling the
>> console while having my patches + hdsp mixer open). everytime I
>> open pd I have to drag the window to the corner of the screen
>
> Try this:

very nice, thanks.

this and what you just sent before could then be the first stones of the
"startup.pd" patch you mentioned, that would set up the working
environment theme.

would it be possible for startup.pd to be loaded "hidden"? it doesn't
bother me, but some people might find it too complicated when too much
material opens up. for example, another tick box named "xXx" could make
that window appear/disappear.

actually when I start pd I have a patch with my working environment
already popping up - but that's only to list the patches that I'm working
on at the moment, so that they're only a click away. but maybe that's also
interesting to other people as well? so the working features so far could
be pd window position, color theme, favorite files list.

--
Friedenstr. 58
10249 Berlin
jmmmpais at googlemail.com
skype: jmmmpjmmmp
http://www.puredata.org/Members/jmmmp
IBM Thinkpad R51, XP, Pd-Ext-0.39-2-t5, Pd Van 0.40-t2