[PD] Crash with [pdp_yqt] and [import pdp pidip]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri May 16 16:30:11 CEST 2008

It turns out that something changed with the environment.  Basically,
pdp_qt needs to find the libquicktime plugins, by default it looks
in /sw/lib/libquicktime/.  You can set it to any directory my setting
the env var LIBQUICKTIME_PLUGIN_DIR to the directory in question.

In Pd-extended 0.39, setting LIBQUICKTIME_PLUGIN_DIR in Tcl/Tk space
works fine.  But apparently in 0.40, the pd process doesn't get that
env var from Tcl.  I am working on fixing that now.

A workaround is doing this from the Terminal:

# export LIBQUICKTIME_PLUGIN_DIR=/Applications/Pd-extended.app/
Contents/lib/libquicktime
# /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd-extended

.hc