[PD] help files was: Re: call for testing on the nightly builds!

Enrique Erne enrique at netpd.org
Sat May 17 17:50:32 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> There is much that can and should be done.  Here's some ideas ranked
> into of difficulty:
>
> - file a bug report when a help patch is not working
> - write and improve help patches, and submit them to the patch tracker

is there a convention about how to make it work? i.e. should one use
declare, import or namespace prefix?

i guess all help-files that are not loaded on default would need a
declare/import/or-namespace in order to work...

i want to contribute and help to make "all"/more helpfiles work. i know
there is pddp but afaik it does not solve the
declare/import/or-namespace problem.

could all developers express their opinion and agree on how to make all
helpfiles work? :)

i'm not a developer but i would vote for declare
i.e. [declare -stdlib mrpeach] to packOSC-help.pd
then it would work with pd vanilla too.

> - add a search pane to the help panel

is this done in tcl/tk? is there any documentation about that on
puredata.info?