[PD] drop out problem

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat May 17 22:26:09 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 21:01 +0100, Andy Farnell wrote:
> On Sat, 17 May 2008 21:19:50 +0200
> Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> wrote:
>
> > what do you consider many? i counted 8 [line~]s and 4 [vline~]s in the
> > main patch. the main patch is using 10 instances of an abstraction, that
> > has a [line~], so the sum of all is around 22 [line~] objects.
>
> They are all audio rate (constant cost) so I don't see a problem either.
> In the past I've noticed signal rate [line]

do you actually mean a message base [line] here?

>  can be a problem.

yo, in my case, though i am not totally sure, it seems, that sending
'set' messages to [partconv~] too often causes trouble. i haven't
checked the code, but i don't assume, that sending messages to [line~],
[vline~] or [line] causes spikes in the cpu usage.

btw: is there a way to monitor the cpu usage on a linux box at a very
high rate, so that short spikes get visible? it would might help me
figuring out, if the really 'set' messages to [partconv~] are causing
troubles.

roman