[PD] Lua: request for 'require'...

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Mon May 19 14:56:56 CEST 2008

Claude,
Over the weekend I was working with PDLua and found that I can only use
'require' to load things from a specific location that is NOT in the PD
path. Basically, I am trying to use some objects that I wrote using the
standalone lua interpreter, so I figured that I would be able to include
them in the same directory as the referencing .pd_lua file, but I guess I
was wrong in that assumption.

Is there some reason why 'require' won't load a .lua file like this? The
only other method I can think of is to include all of my .lua files into the
same source file for my .pd_lua objects.

Mike

--
Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything we
have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.