[PD] soundfiler alternative - realtime? (loading in background)

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Mon May 19 14:37:37 CEST 2008

Hi Claude,

sorry that it took so long to test and to answer to your suggestion.

I tried it with [readsf~] and [tabwrite~] plus [switch~ 64 1 32] and it
works perfectly.

It's about 40% of the speed (upsampling 32x)compared to[soundfiler] and has
absolutely no dropouts or any other artifacts (so far).

The only annoying thing is that it may take forever setting all the table
sizes (around 3000 samples) manually.

I tried [wavinfo] but it didn't really work. It may be better anyway not to
change anything about the tablesizes while loading in background.

However it will spped up loading time from currently 1 minute 45 sec to
about 30-40 seconds. That's absolutely great.

Thanks for the hint!

Ingo