[PD] capture cosole output

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Tue May 20 03:16:18 CEST 2008

Hi.

I am working on a patch that should develop into a tool that will be used
by (hopefully many) instrumentalists/conductors, specially non-pd users.
While working on it, I thought that if a non-technical user runs into an
error, then he has always to look at the console, which is, for some kind
of people, kind of asking too much. (it might already be complicated for
some not to present a single-file standalone to work with)
Which reminded me: wouldn't it be useful to have an object that could
capture the console contents? The main purpose could be to get the error
messages (that only display in the console, I think no object sends a bang
or something on error). Then this information could be treated in a way to
make the patch more user-friendly (f.e. display a designed error message,
and consequently how to correct it).

Does this interest anyone? Does anyone want to have a go at it? Afaik
there's no object that can do this.

João Pais

--
Friedenstr. 58