[PD] help files was: Re: call for testing on the nightly builds!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue May 20 12:33:41 CEST 2008

On May 20, 2008, at 10:53 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> Frank Barknecht wrote:
>>
>>> It's a packaging problem, you can do nothing about it.
>>
>> you can help the packager solve the problem.
>
> But  not by changing the help file or the object itself, only by
> changing the packaging or finding a good way to deal with
> modules/aliases/namespaces. The reason for help-file breakage are the
> custom alias-names for objects that pd-extended introduces, e.g. the
> alias [mrpeach/tcpclient] for [tcpclient]. Didn't someone say aliases
> are bad? ;)

Pd-extended did not introduce namespace prefixes, Miller did that
probably before I even heard of Pd.  Pd-extended is just organized
around that idea.  Pd-vanilla fully supports namespace prefixes.  I
don't know how many times I have to say this, but it hasn't changed
since the beginning.  I guess its just part of the ebb and flow of
this list to have this discussion every 6 months. ;)

.hc