[PD] int - float confusion with OSC communication

raul diaz raul.lete at gmail.com
Tue May 20 13:44:55 CEST 2008

Hi Alberto!

Nice to know somebody interested in this kind of aplications!
I really love the easy way you can use PD + Processing for graphical audio
interface...even more...as graphical feedback for physical computer + audio
processing (arduino + PD).
I'm finishing a TR-909
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_TR-909>emulation application and
of course will be free available maybe this week.
I will post it soon!

Anyway I can't understand why do you want to parsing audio to processing.
Processing is a visual programming language, but is not so good for audio
processing (opposite to PD).
You can work with audio in Processing with
minim<http://code.compartmental.net/tools/minim/>library, which is
really easy but really limited.

If you are thinking about use sound as input for graphical programming, you
can send audio parameters (gain, frequency, synthesis parameters...) from PD
to Processing via OSC, which mrpeach's osc library...remember IOhannes
advice! :-)

As example a little sequencer using this configuration is attached.
I hope you find it interesting!

Saludos!

--
Raul Diaz Poblete