[PD] int - float confusion with OSC communication

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 20 14:13:03 CEST 2008

Tim Boykett wrote:

> hi IOhannes,
>
>   maybe a silly question: how do I ensure that I am using the mrpeach
> versions?

well, there is neither [dumpOSC] nor [sendOSC] in mrpeach's externals.
you have to use [udpreceive]->[unpackOSC] and [packOSC]->[udpsend] instead.

> and another silly question: why isn't oscx then removed from e.g.
> pd-extended

i don't know. maybe for legacy reasons?

> so it can wither away in a corner? Does it offer something that mrpeach
> doesn't?

well, you use only one object instead of two (but of course you can
build [dumpOSC]/[sendOSC] as abstractions with mrpeach's objects)
i don't know any other "advantage"

fmgasdr.
IOhannes