[PD] generatiing a keypress

Patrice Colet pat at mamalala.org
Tue May 20 16:00:48 CEST 2008

  Hello,

Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

>>> Sounds like a great idea.  How about something like [send_key] or
>>> [type_key]?
>>> .hc
>>
>> [send_key] sounds good, also I might have found how to do this on MAC
>> OS    X, by the use of sysctl.h, with looking at the source of some
>> programs that emulates keystrokes, but I haven't got the machine for
>> testing...
>

> Post the example code and someone will probably look at it.  If it is
> easy, I'll do it, especially if there is already a cross-platform object
> written.
>
> Also, [hid] and [hidio] both have a cross-platform event/message scheme
> that is translated into the native platform messages.  I think for
> [send_key] it use an existing scheme, like from [key]/[keyup]/[keyname]
> or [hidio].

  I'd like to make a proposition with this attached object in
construction, it uses different fonctions that ease handling to a window
with EnumWindow() and FindWindow() function.
  The user will only have to know the first characters of the window to
handle, also a list of all visible windows can be printed into the console.
  We can send a character or a character chain, but puredata will drop
some keycodes if it's sent through a message box.
  Now I need to find out how to do the same thing with X11, then it will
be possible to have a single external with the same functions.

Best.
PC.