[PD] capture cosole output

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue May 20 17:12:30 CEST 2008

You could probably hack some tcl code and send it to [sys_gui] and
have that send the .printout text to a [receive].

It would be a good project for getting to know the internals of Pd's
GUI.  .printout is the console part of the Pd window. .printout.text
is the text widget that displays the text.  Here's the Tcl/Tk docs on
the text widget:

http://tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TkCmd/text.htm

pdtk_post is the procedure that actually posts text to
the .printout.text.  You could probably redefine pdtk_post to instead
send the data to a receive, something like this:

pdtk_post {stuff} {
}

Hmm, I guess you can't send that to [sys_gui] since Pd can't do
{ and }.  Another way would be to add "pd [concat pd error $stuff]"
to pdtk_post and then add a little bit of C code to get the data from
messages send to:

[route pd]

[route error]

.hc