[PD] UI developer volunteering to help - more suggestions

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed May 21 04:28:45 CEST 2008

simon wise wrote:

> On 16 May 2008, at 1:10 AM, marius schebella wrote:
>
>> some programs open up a default new canvas (word, blender...), some show
>> up an "assistant" that asks you what you want to do (?...), but none
>> opens up a document just for settings.
>

> .. Vim does
>
> simon

don't know what you mean. the settings for vim are in ~/.vimrc and when
you type vim, there is what I would call an assistant.

~          VIM - Vi IMproved

~

~          version 7.0.234

~      by Bram Moolenaar et al.

~  Vim is open source and freely distributable

~

~     Become a registered Vim user!

~ type  :help register<Enter>   for information

~
~ type  :q<Enter>               to exit

~ type  :help<Enter>  or  <F1>  for on-line help

~ type  :help version7<Enter>   for version info

marius.