[PD] pdp_qt on Mac OS X

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed May 21 15:41:29 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On May 21, 2008, at 2:46 AM, marius schebella wrote:
>
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> Of course, when I post this, the Mac/Intel build didn't happen... arg...
>>
>> i tested the pdp_qt and pdp_yqt (with a self compiled pdx version). I
>> could load some files, but not all. pdp_yqt does not output sound.
>> but with one file pd crashed my whole system. the computer just became
>> very slow and did not respond anymore, I had to hard reset it. (twice,
>> because I wanted to be sure, that was really happening).
>
> I think pdp_yqt is pretty buggy.  Use pdp_qt or pdp_qt~ for sound maybe.

I tried the video of the senegal workshop.
http://www.craslab.org/interaction/files/videos/afropixel2008.mov
this causes syslogd to go crazy and makes my whole machine breakdown.
pdp_qt~ only starts if audio is turned on, then plays some sound, but
spits out errors
pdp_qt: error decoding audio
and you are right, x11 starts automatically, but takes about 20 seconds
to do so.
marius.