[PD] pdp_qt on Mac OS X

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed May 21 15:58:53 CEST 2008

ydegoyon at free.fr wrote:
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> Of course, when I post this, the Mac/Intel build didn't happen...
>>> arg...
>> i tested the pdp_qt and pdp_yqt (with a self compiled pdx version).
>> I could load some files, but not all. pdp_yqt does not output sound.
>> but with one file pd crashed my whole system. the computer just
>> became very slow and did not respond anymore, I had to hard reset
>> it. (twice, because I wanted to be sure, that was really happening).
>
>> I think pdp_yqt is pretty buggy.  Use pdp_qt or pdp_qt~ for sound maybe.
>
> I think it's just a fast excuse to not wondering
> why libquicktime is poorly compiled

libquicktime is poorly installed because apple does not want quicktime
run good outside the quicktime player. even on the same machine a video
can run good in the quicktime player but perform bad outside.
it's one of these corporate decisions to make more money by forcing
people to use a monopoly software.
thank you,
marius.