[PD] call for testing on the nightly builds!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu May 22 00:51:52 CEST 2008

I forgot to mention, on my old G4 800 PowerBook, everything ran much
faster and smoother running Debian than running Mac OS X.  It was
really a big difference between the two.  I recommend trying Ubuntu
or Debian on your old G4.  Pd runs better on GNU/Linux anyhow.

.hc

On May 21, 2008, at 11:09 PM, Achim Bornhoeft wrote:

> I had to switch to a current nightly-build because the pd-extended
> 0.39.3 is not willing ot work without clicks with jack and my old
> mbox under os 10.4.8.
> Compared to the older release all movements and draggings of
> objects (especially GUI an GOP objects) are clearly slower. When
> the CPU load exceeds ca. 35-40% on my Powerbook G4 these visual
> delays are growing increasingly.
> Is this only the weakness of my computer?
>
> Achim
>
> Hans-Christoph Steiner schrieb:
>> Hey all,
>> I've been fixing quite a lot of bugs in preparation of making the
>> Pd- extended 0.40.3 release.  It's getting pretty much ready, so
>> please  test it heavily so we can find any outstanding bugs!
>> Jack just pointed out that pdp on Mac OS X/PowerPC is having
>> problems  loading videos, and is crashing, so I am working on that
>> now.
>> .hc
>
> --
>        Achim Bornhoeft
> .-     Neckarhalde 38, D-72070 Tuebingen
> -.-.   tel/fax +49 (0)7071 942745
> -...   mobil +49 (0)179 6936930
>        skype:achim.bornhoeft?call
> --

----

All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic