[PD] help files was: Re: call for testing on the nightly builds!

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu May 22 13:14:50 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Rich E hat gesagt: // Rich E wrote:

> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 12:58 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> wrote:
>
> > Rich E wrote:
> >
> >> Both layout 1 and 2 would be nice to have, for different situations.
> >>

> > i would be interested in the situations where layout 2 would be nice to
> > have.
> > i don't see any.
> >

> For the same reason "from x import *" is in python: so you don't have to
> type as much.  I guess that is it.

But you type the same with both layouts. To not have to type the prefix,
you just add the "prefix" directory directly to your path with a pd-path
setting, declare, import or whatever. The issue of help files not being
found is not related to that. Which brings to my mind: I think, Pd may
benefit from an option to set the -helppath dynamically, too, e.g. in
[declare] or somewhere else.

Ciao
--
Frank Barknecht