[PD] help files was: Re: call for testing on the nightly builds!

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 22 15:29:27 CEST 2008

Quoting Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org>:
> But you type the same with both layouts. To not have to type the prefix,
> you just add the "prefix" directory directly to your path with a pd-path
> setting, declare, import or whatever. The issue of help files not being
> found is not related to that.

frank, i agree with you (surprise:-))
rich, i don't see how putting the help-patches into doc/ relates to
what you have described. (but probably i have just lost track of what
you are saying)

> Which brings to my mind: I think, Pd may
> benefit from an option to set the -helppath dynamically, too, e.g. in
> [declare] or somewhere else.

i think the entire helppath-thing was a _very_ ugly klugde and it
should not be mentioned any more...seriously, it tries to provide
workarounds for things that should be solved straightforward; it
created more confusion within me than i would have thought is proper
for the topic of help-patches.

mfg.da
IOhannes