[PD] Getting Sysex output to work on Linux

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sun May 25 20:12:24 CEST 2008

Is it out of the question simply to use the OSS MIDI API?  That should
be the default, and it's much less buggy than the ALSA one.  (Apparently,
though, there's sometimes a good reason to use teh ALSA one instead, I
remember vaguely.)

To put out "sysex" MIDI, theoretically in either ALSA or OSS, send the
bytes out serially, as in "247, NN, NN, 240", not in a list as in
"247 NN NN 240".

cheers
Miller