[PD] Getting Sysex output to work on Linux

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon May 26 09:04:49 CEST 2008

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> "pd -alsa" is using the ALSA sequencer API, the equivalent with OSS
> would be /dev/sequencer, but Pd never supported that. ALSA sequencer

the problem is rather, that ALSA sequencer does not support MIDI in a
way Pd would like it, mainly: no raw midi.

david,miller: i don't think that the suggested solution [247, NN, NN,
240( will actually work (but i haven't tested, of course) because of the
non-existing raw-midi: instead all of your bytes will be encapsulated
into separate sysex packages, which is kind of dumb...
(at least this is what kmidimon tells me when intercepting the outgoing
midi-stream)

fga,sdr
IOhannes