[PD] wierd feedback popping with pd/freebob/jack/rt

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon May 26 13:25:32 CEST 2008

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Rich E wrote:
>> Hans, the patch here:
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1942258&group_id=55736&atid=478072
>> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1942258&group_id=55736&atid=478072>
>>
>> I tried the may 15th pd-extended and I don't have the problem, but I do
>> with the may 16th one.  Also, I just manually patched pd-0.40.3 with the
>> diff file on that page and I again have bad audio.  I use pd-0.40.3
>> without the patch, I get very nice audio.
>
> interesting.
>
> btw, does it make a difference if jack is running before you start, and
> pd is starting jack.
>
> the latter is only possible with the patch applied, and i guess it is
> the main source of trouble.

anyhow, as i don't have any machine to reproduce your problem i have
checked in some changes to the pd-extended 0.40 branch that might fix
the issue.
the main difference now is that Pd does not try to automatically start a
jackd by itself, so you have to do this manually (which is compatible to
the usage instructions before my original patch)

tell us whether it helped.
and if not, also please give a complete step-by-step description on how
to reproduce it (preferrably without the need of special hardware)

mfasdr
IOhannes

PS: if you use the sf-tracker for this, please create a bugreport
instead of adding to the "patches"