[PD] Getting Sysex output to work on Linux

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Mon May 26 15:12:11 CEST 2008

IOhannes,

> david,miller: i don't think that the suggested solution [247, NN, NN,
> 240( will actually work (but i haven't tested, of course) because of the
> non-existing raw-midi: instead all of your bytes will be encapsulated
> into separate sysex packages, which is kind of dumb...
> (at least this is what kmidimon tells me when intercepting the outgoing
> midi-stream)

Do you mean that you can send messages eliminating F7 and F0 to let the
API compensate for it?

So far I haven't been able to get kmidimon routed through qjackctl +
Alsa-MIDI to respond to anything sent to [midiout].

I did locate your post regarding the mentioned behavior  (Thanks to Hans
for pointing me)

Can you please tell me if you've done anything special to at least get
it recognized by kmidimon?