[PD] wierd feedback popping with pd/freebob/jack/rt

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Thu May 29 04:40:20 CEST 2008

After more testing...

With pd compiled with "JACK_NUM_PORTS 256", audio runs fine at first, but if
the cpu gets a big hit, like when I open a soundfont in [fluid~], the audio
falls behind and I get the pops/clicks again.  If I compile pd with
"JACK_NUM_PORTS 32", this doesn't appear to happen; [fluid~] does its thing,
the gui freezes for a couple seconds, but the audio is fine afterwards.

Hopefully this hints at what the problem really is.

regards,
Rich