[PD] [openpanel]/[savepanel] directory, [cd]

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Thu May 29 08:48:43 CEST 2008

On 29/05/2008, at 4.09, Rich E wrote:

> Which brought me to another question; is there any way currently to
> do a 'cd' or 'pwd' in pd?

Since your already on the external path you could use [getdir] from
ggee.

> I tried:
>
> [pwd (
> |
> [shell]
>
> but this has the same problem of openpanel and savepaned; it gives
> you the path that pd was opened from.
>
> [cd /home/full/path/to/patch (
> |
> [shell]
>
> doesn't seem to do anything, and would be a workaround if it did.

When using a [shell] object you'd really wanna run a script. Since
it's a new shell that's opened each time you query it.

So when you do [cd /to/som/dir(/[shell] and then after wards to [pwd(/
[shell] then you'r no longer cd'ed to /to/some/dir but get the root
dir. You can make a simple shell-script that both cd and pwd and then
run that script. That is if you want to use a [shell] object.