[PD] netpd broken?

Max Neupert abonnements at revolwear.com
Thu May 29 12:42:04 CEST 2008

Am 2008-05-29 um 19:54 schrieb Roman Haefeli:

> On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 19:27 +1000, Max Neupert wrote:
>> servus roman, list,
>>
>> i wanted to demonstrate netpd today here in melbourne and failed.
>> on a intel mac os x 10.5:
>> with a fresh pd-extended 0.4xx and downloaded netpd.zip i can open
>> _chat.pd. then when i click on creator additionally a blank patch
>> pops up called "pd cr.singletons" the console spills out:
>>
>>   netclient
>> ... couldn't create
>> error: inlet: expected '' but got 'connect'
>> ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
>> error: pd-cr.singletons: no such object
>>
>> i can reproduce the same on my own machine os x 10.4 ppc.
>
> [netclient] is part of maxlib. afaik, it should be found in
> extra/maxlib. netpd/_chat.pd has a [declare] in order to add the
> path of
> the maxlib folder. if it doesn't load, either [declare] on those
> versions of pd-extended are broken or netclient was moved. i'll have a
> look at that soon. probably it is just a matter of using an
> appropriate
> [declare].

ok, with [import maxlib] i could make the netclient object.

but the rest of the problem is still there: when i open the creator
an empty patch pops up called "pd cr.singletons" and creator doesn't
work properly. i think it is probably that i need to declare the
"include" direcory.. i'll give it a try and report my findings.
roman, i don't wanna distract you --- good luck with your presentation!
it's not so urgent.

winterly greetings from australia

max