[PD] pulse measurement using touch sensors

Erich Berger eb at randomseed.org
Thu May 29 15:54:24 CEST 2008

hi thomas,

polar has an oem product line
http://www.polarusa.com/manufacturers/products/products.asp

the contact heart rate system is also for use with hand sensors.
the europe devision is in switzerland and you can get quotes
from tiziana.moro at polar.fi .

i did not use this one specific but i heard it takes a couple of seconds
to give you an output (i only used the belt and receiver system from
polar, which works really well).

another hand touch system i used which is really responsive and
reliable is from another finnish company which is called
tunturi http://www.tunturi.com/, they produce hometrainers
in which they use hand touch hate rate monitors.
they dont have a oem product line, so you would need to
contact them to obtain some boards.

all of this modules have an output which gives you the
pulsrate as an TTL pulse, so you can easiliy read with
a microcontroller and send it further to your machine.

i collected quite some experience over the years on this
topic, so if you want to know more just write me.

best

erich

http://randomseed.org