[PD] pulse measurement using touch sensors

Koray Tahiroglu koray.tahiroglu at taik.fi
Thu May 29 17:24:52 CEST 2008

Hello Thomas,

We are using Nexus 10 (http://www.mindmedia.nl/english/nexus10.php)
and Nexus 4 (http://www.mindmedia.nl/english/nexus4.php) for bio-
signal acquisition in our project, currently we are implementing the
PD [audio-visual engine] part of the system, we trace the signals by
integrating a Python script to Mindmedia's Biotrace+ (http://
www.mindmedia.nl/english/biotrace.php) and we stream data through OSC.

Skin conductance sensor with the above combination, is like a hand
touch sensor available for measuring pulse. On the other hand piezo
contact  mic can be used as a sensor to receive pulse, but I guess it
should be tested to see how much reliable output can be received
though a contact mic.

Koray

M.Koray Tahiroglu
Media Lab,UIAH