[PD] default Save As location (was: [openpanel]/[savepanel]directory, [cd])

Damian Stewart damian at frey.co.nz
Thu May 29 18:59:55 CEST 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> What folder were you working in when you create a new patch?  What if
> there are no other patches open?  What if there are many patches open
> in many different folders?
>
> Before, on Mac OS X at least, it defaulted to "/".  I've changed that
> to "~", which I think is a lot more useful.  Perhaps it could be like
> this:
>
> - if no other patches open, then "~".
> - if other patches are open, then use the folder of the current top
> window

why not do what a lot of other apps do and persistently store the
last-used-directory somewhere in the config, so that next time I open Pd,
Open is pointing to the same place as the last time I closed it?

-- while we're talking about open and save, is it possible to have
different default directories for [openpanel] vs for File->Open? (and for
[savepanel] vs File->Save, come to think of it

damian stewart | +31 659 025 782 |  damian at frey.co.nz
frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz